|Book Now > >|
Alpine climbing is a great combination posing both a physical and mental challenge, beautiful scenery and the joy of being in the mountains. To be safe and get as much as possible out of your stay in the mountains you need skills in navigation, route finding, climbing on snow, ice and rock, as well as glacier knowledge and many other things.
Here is our course program that will provide you with an introduction to these skills.
• Rope work
• Snow craft – walking in crampons and using an ice axe
• Short roping
• Rock climbing in alpine terrain
• Climbing, belaying and anchors on snow and ice including ice screws and Abalakovs
• Glacier knowledge and route finding on glaciers
• Crevasse rescue and rescue systems
• Tour planning for alpine climbs
• Map, compass, altimeter
• How to read and understand alpine guide books
• A lot of beautiful alpine climbing
To gain a solid foundation — knowledge and skills for alpine climbing.
You should have tried climbing and know how to belay when climbing, experience of alpine climbing is not needed.
We use Chamonix as a base for our courses. From here we reach a lot of ideal introductory climbing and if the weather changes we have close access to other areas.
Max 4 guests (minimum 3) per mountain guide
We will provide you with all climbing equipment needed for the course. It will be handed to you by your guide at the first day.
• Ice axe
Personal equipment – not included
If you don't have all the equipment that we are recommend, it is possible to rent what's missing at Snell Sport in Chamonix http://www.cham3s.com/snell-rental-prices.html
• You will need a backpack, 35-45 liters
• Boots for alpine climbing (i.e. Sportiva Nepal Extreme or Trango Extreme Evo)
• Warm hat
• Thermal layer (wool or synthetic fabric, not cotton)
• Fleece top
• Fleece jacket
• Wind- and waterproof, breathable jacket
• Wind- and waterproof, breathable trousers
• Warm gloves or mitts
• Socks (and spares)
• Head torch and batteries
• Sun glasses (for glacier, category 3 or 4 lens)
• Ski goggles (if storm winds or flat light)
• Water bottle (about 1,5 litres)
• Sun block
• Education and training by a professional mountain guide
• Accommodation at pension in Chamonix, part in twin room with breakfast, 4 nights, course start monday and end wednesday
• All climbing equipment
• Lunch and dinners
• Travelling to/from Chamonix
• Lift ticket, to get easy access to the climbing
|Book Now > >|