Climbing in an alpine environment is a fantastic combination of physical challenge and nature experience. It requires skill in navigation, route selection and climbing skills. Alpine climbing involves climbing on rock, snow and ice, sometimes all at the same time.
Approaches and descents often take place on glaciers, this requires knowledge of glaciers. This is the experience for you who want to do several nice tours on 4000 meter peaks during a week.
There is something special about high altitude. 4000 meters is a respectable one. There are 82 peaks over 4000 meters in the Alps. On this trip, we do several peaks over the course of a week. Perfect training for those who are going on a larger expedition such as Elbrus, Aconcagua or Island Peak. We will aim for peaks in the grades PD-AD.
The trip is guided 1:4 the first three days and 1:2 the last three days by authorized mountain guides, which means you get a great opportunity for development and personal guidance during the week to develop your climbing.
We climb at the end of June when it is prime time for alpine climbing in the Alps.
You have basic knowledge and experience in alpine climbing such as glacier hiking in ropes, crampon technique and can handle an ice axe. You have, for example, taken our basic course in alpine climbing. You have a green card.
We start and finish the trip in Chamonix but climb in different places in the Alps.
The program is adapted to weather and conditions as well as the ability of the group and will look different every year, therefore there is no fixed program for this trip. Please indicate in the registration if you have previously climbed a 4000 m peak.
Day 1, Travel day, arrival in Chamonix
You get to Chamonix on your own during the day and check into a hotel. Here there is time to experience Chamonix, get to know the other participants and fix last minute matters. Check-in from 15:00.
Your guide will meet you in the morning on day 2. Then there is climbing and ascent of 4000 meter peaks in the Alps.
Journey home. Check-out from the hotel at 10:00 a.m. After that, you continue your adventure on your own.
Loan of necessary climbing equipment is included in the price. The following equipment is assigned to you by your mountain guide at the beginning of the course.
• Alpine ice axe
• Screw carabiner
You need to have the following personal equipment with you, this is not included in the course fee.
• Boots to which crampons can be attached (eg La Sportiva Trango Tech or Scarpa Ribelle). If you are unsure whether your boots are sturdy enough, you can of course ask us before you go. There are boots to rent in Chamonix, best place to rent is Snell Sport in Chamonix. Price list for rental equipment at Snell Sport can be found here: http://www.cham3s.com/snell-rental-prices.html
• Backpack, 35-45 litres
• Warm hat (which fits under a helmet)
• Underwear, shirt and pants (synthetic or wool, not cotton)
• Thinner fleece sweater
• Thicker fleece sweater or thin down jacket
• Wind and waterproof jacket (preferably shell jacket without lining)
• Wind and waterproof trousers (preferably shell trousers without lining)
• Hiking pants
• Thick gloves
• Thin mittens, gloves
• Snow locks (gaiters)
• Ski goggles
• Water bottle
• Sun protection
• Poles (telescopes that can be folded and attached to a backpack)
• Sun hat or cap
• Handkerchief (slightly larger can serve as sun protection for the neck/head)
Included in the price
• Guiding and personal supervision by an authorized mountain guide for 6 days
• All climbing equipment
• Accommodation 2 nights at a hotel in Chamonix with breakfast (part in double room, single room available at extra cost)
• Accommodation 5 nights in mountain cabins with breakfast and dinner
• All transport during the trip
• Travel to and from Chamonix
• Lift card to get up to climbing faster
• Clothing / personal equipment, see the list above
• Own insurance
Offer for 2024:
If you book the trip no later than 4 months before, a 16-week training plan specially developed for this trip by our licensed personal trainer is included